Announcements in Canvas
Do you need to communicate a message to all of your students in a single course? Have you struggled with how to effectively convey your message in a timely fashion? If you answered yes to either of these questions, you need to check out the Announcements feature within Canvas. Announcements work similar to email, with you constructing your message and then sending it to every student in your class, without you ever having to leave Canvas!
Announcements can be used for a variety of purposes, some of which include:
- Send out a welcome email to your students during the first day/week
- Reminder for upcoming due dates
- Outline the expectations for the upcoming week
- Include links to useful websites and articles
- Share exemplary discussion comments and replies (this could possibly elicit better student responses in the future)
On top of getting important messages across, a weekly Announcement can serve a very big purpose. It will reinforce to your students that you are indeed involved in the course. For more information on using Announcements, please visit the Canvas Instructor Guide on this topic.