Photo Sharing Websites
Photo Sharing Websites allow users to upload, store, edit, organize, and share photos. These sites connect individuals with others through comments, tags, keywords, or descriptions. While many of the photos on these sites are accessible through Creative Commons License, there are options to make the photos private. Photo Sharing Websites will also allow for the user to create photo blogs or slideshows of images.
After a user uploads a photo they are given the option to title the photo, edit the photo, or add a caption. Additionally, the website will give the user code so that they can embed the image in a website, link to the image, email the image, or instant message the image.
Application to All Courses
- Online photos can be viewed as slide shows, downloaded, printed out and e-mailed.
- Allows user to store, search, sort and share photos.
- Can to share photos of activities, resources, and research.
- Users can embed hotspot areas with pop-up messages and links into an image.
- Photo tags allow for greater organization and streamlines searches.
- Comments can provide insightful and personal feedback.
View a Search in a Photo Sharing Website:
- View a search in Flickr for “Education.”
- View a search in Photobucket for “Education.”
- View a search in Smugmug for “Education.”
- Register for an account with a Photo Sharing Website
- Browse to upload images to a website or mobile phone
- Use the available image features to move, edit, share, or delete the image
- Copy the Email & IM code and paste it into an Email or IM chat window to send the image
- Copy the Direct Link code and paste it into a Website, Blog, Email, or other location to create a direct link to the image
- Copy the HTML Tag code and paste it into a Website, Blog, or other location to embed the image
- Use the tag feature to classify the image into categories
- Use the available tools to create slideshows, remix images, create avatars, share images, or purchase prints of your images
- Flickr: The Flickr home page
- Flickr For Education: A Flickr group dedicated to educational images
- Picasa Web Albums: The Picasa home page
- Photobucket: The Photobucket home page
- Photo Sharing in Education: Information, ideas, and how photo sharing works
- 18 Ways to Use Photo Sharing in Schools
For information on similar tools visit: