- Qualtrics is a robust, sophisticated service for creating and delivering web-based surveys. With over 100 question types available and the ability to create interactive questions and engage survey-takers with rich media, it becomes possible to increase response rates. Users can also pull questions from professionally designed surveys as well as create your own library of questions, surveys, messages, and media.
- Survey data can be analyzed as it is collected and researchers can pre-create reports with graphs, charts, and tables that populate in real time. Likewise, data can be exported into SPSS, Excel, or a variety of other formats for additional analysis. Furthermore, Qualtrics reports can be exported to PowerPoint, Word, or as a PDF file to use in presentations, reports, and research writing.
To login you will need your GatorLink username and password. Once you are logged in, you will be able to create, deliver, collect, and analyze online surveys in support of your teaching, research, and studies.
Please note that Restricted Data is not permitted in the questions or answers of Qualtrics. For questions about what constitutes Restricted Data see Information Security Definition of Terms or contact the IT Security Office or the Privacy Office.
For assistance, contact e-Learning Support Services: 352.392.4357, option 3 | Hub 132
Application to All Courses
- Instructors can determine pre-existing knowledge of a topic.
- Instructors can determine growth over a period of time.
- Students can conduct surveys as part of a project or assignment.
- Can be given in order to obtain attitudinal information and changes in attitudinal information of students.
- Instructors can give surveys in order to obtain qualitative data on students.
- Students can give surveys in order to obtain qualitative research data.
- Qualtrics hosts a comprehensive set of video tutorials and FAQs
- The UF College of Veterinary Medicine has developed the following example survey and a video
Example Survey (Feel free to fill it out and make up answers if you prefer)
Video of Qualtrics – produced survey results (Approx. 6 minutes long)
- Qualtrics is available for all University of Florida faculty, staff, and students including those in the Academic Health Center. However, at this time, the UF Qualtrics license does not cover individuals at Shands, Shands Jacksonville, and other organizations *related* to UF but who are not employees of the University.
A GatorLink username and password is required to access Qualtrics. Login to Qualtrics
- LSS Qualtrics Wiki page: Specific information on UF’s Qualtrics license and use.
- Online training: Learn Qualtics from basics to advanced with their series of how-to videos.
Keep accessibility in mind as you develop course content and build assignments and assessments. Many online tools are not fully accessible, so it’s important to think about how you will make the assignment accessible if requested. The Disability Resource Center and the UF Accessibility page will guide you in making appropriate accommodations. You can also find out more about accessibility at our toolbox page on Accessibility in the Online Classroom.