A virtual laboratory is an interactive environment for creating and conducting simulated experiments.
Application to All Resources
- To provide students with hands on materials and activities.
- To encourage higher order thinking skills.
- To simulate physical laboratory experiments.
- To allow students the opportunity to perform a task or conduct an experiment.
- Algodoo: A free physics-based virtual laboratory for Mac or iPad.
- Virtual Laboratories in Probability and Statistics at the University of Alabama in Huntsville’s Mathematical Sciences Department.
- Virtual Chemistry Laboratory at the University of Oxford Department of Chemistry.
There are many simulations available for free on the internet at sites such as the Virtual Chemistry Lab at the University of Oxford.
For information on similar tools visit:
Keep accessibility in mind as you develop course content and build assignments and assessments. Many online tools are not fully accessible, so it’s important to think about how you will make the assignment accessible if requested. The Disability Resource Center and the UF Accessibility page will guide you in making appropriate accommodations. You can also find out more about accessibility at our toolbox page on Accessibility in the Online Classroom.