Faculty Design and Development Cohort
Throughout the yearlong course development cohort, faculty will engage in trends in teaching and learning, build relationships among faculty across campus, and familiarize themselves with the variety of resources available within Academic Technology and across campus. Each participant will be paired with an instructional designer and will design and develop a complete course during the academic year.
Program Dates: Monthly, September 2019 – May 2020
Universal Design for Learning (UDL) – This instructional development opportunity will emphasize the importance of inclusion, accessibility, and learner-centered instruction, and will provide instructors with strategies to use in their teaching across campus.
- Be introduced to the academic services available to them within AT and across UF.
- Develop a well-aligned course, learn to incorporate innovative teaching, and assessment methods into their courses.
- Participate and connect with faculty from all disciplines throughout the year, and continue to build cross-disciplinary relationships.
- Recognize the importance of inclusion, accessibility, and learner-centered instruction, and acquire strategies to use in their teaching across campus.
Faculty are required to attend 6 of the 8 monthly cohort meetings/events and the final course showcase to successfully complete this instructional development opportunity.
- Kickoff meeting, September 2019
- Monthly cohort meetings/events, October 2019-April 2020
- Final showcase, May 2020
Faculty may also volunteer to serve as cohort or session leaders, helping to organize events, speakers, or to communicate with the cohort throughout the year.
Coffee and snacks will be available each day.
How to Apply
To be considered for this instructional development retreat, please complete the following application: CITT Summer Design and Development Cohort