This self-paced offering allows participants the option to choose their own educational experience by completing focused lessons. This workshop will address components of instructional concepts including pedagogical theory, course design, student engagement, and the role of assessments in online learning. Each module should take approximately an hour to complete and includes a practice quiz for review. To receive the digital credential, you must score at least an 80% on the culminating quiz.
- Recognize principles of quality teaching from current pedagogical research.
- Identify ways to adapt course content to create a more structured, flexible, aligned, and research-based approach to course development.
- Synthesize educational theories and develop strategies to enhance teaching practice.
- Apply best practices in teaching to create a learning environment that values alignment, integrity, support, and flexibility for learners.
- Academic Integrity in Course Design
- Aligning Assessments to Objectives
- Applying Educational Theory
- Effective Feedback
- Ensuring Usability in Online Courses
- Flexible Assessments
- Instructional Media
- Recognize and Respond to At-Risk Students
Register for Principles of Effective Instruction
Additionally, the completion of this course counts towards the Passport to Great Teaching Program. To earn credit for the Passport Program, please register for this course through the Passport Portal. If you do not have an account with the Portal you can register for an account here. If you need help navigating the Passport Portal, view the user guide.